Happiness Promoting incense
-Homegrown on February 9th 2011
You will need:
the following dried herbs
- Sweet Marjoram
- St. John's Wort
- Hawthorn leaf
Ess oil of
- Frankincense tears
- Benzoin powder
an air tight jar
- Mix the dried herbs and pour them in the jar until it is half full (empty?)
- Drip the Ess oils over the herbs and stir and shake. ( not so much that the herbs become wet. if this happens pour out the herbs onto a flat surface and let dry )
- crush the frankincense tears with a mortar and pestle until the pieces are small bits. then mix with the benzoin powder
- fill up the rest of the jar with the resins. shake jar until everything is mixed completely.
- burn over incense charcoal and relax
[my side note that i wrote in my BOS about this incense was "Not only smells awesome, but i feel proud for making it!!!" ]
my advice for making this or anything loose incense is to burn a little bit of each herb separately to see if you enjoy the smell. and i also recommend that you always do 1 part herbs /1 part resins.
whenever i make any homegrown incense i make long lists of such things as what the mixture is going to invoke or aid in. then lists of any herbs, oils, resins, etc. then i
cross out which ones im not going to use as i test them. lastly i write out the final list. O and always label the jar, so you'll know what it is. i can not stress that enough!!!! You Will Forget Otherwise!